- Bishop Schneider's Comments re: Amoris Laetitia - Apr. 26/16
The paradox of the contradictory interpretations of « Amoris laetitia »
"The recently published Apostolic Exhortation «Amoris laetitia« (AL), which contains a plethora of spiritual and pastoral riches with regard to life within marriage and the Christian family in our times, has unfortunately, within a very short time, led to very contradictory interpretations even among the episcopate. ....."
The full text is available here.
- Progress in Sudbury - Apr. 26/16
April 17, 2016, Fr. Vincenzo Fiori celebrated a a polyphonic mass for the Sudbury Latin Mass community together with the new bishop of the diocese, Marcel Damphousse.
You can find a video at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91xz8jYmN_c
They also have a new website.
- Fr. Pablo Santa Maria_Watson will offer a Solemn Sung Mass on Apr 4. 2016 at 7:00 PM - Mar 31/16
The Sung mass in the Extraordinary Form will be offered at 7:00 PM on Monday, Apr. 4th 2016 at
Our Lady of the Assumption Parish, 3141 Shaughnessy Street, Port Coquitlam, BC.
- LMS Chairman: How to read the forthcoming Exhortation - Mar 26/16
- New Una Voce Canada Website - Mar 7/16
The Vancouver Taditional Mass Society has started a new website at Una Voce Canada. Over the next few months we will gradually move the contents from this site to the new one.
- Restoration in Mexico: New Una Voce President Speaks - Mar 7/16
A new president of the International Federation Una Voce has been elected this past October. Mr. Felipe Alanís Suárez from Mexico was elected president and is the first president from outside Europe.
Mr. Alanis Suárez has given an interview to the French website Paix Liturgique, which has appeared on their Polish language page. (see here)
- Helmut Rückriegel, FIUV President d'honneur, R.I.P. - Jan 26/16
One of the elder statesmen of the International Federation Una Voce (FIUV), Helmut Rückriegel, died early on 25th of January, 2016.
A great champion of tradition over many decades, he was a man of urbanity and charm. I hope there will be a proper obituary of him in due course. In the meantime, please pray for him.
His Funeral Mass will take place in Bonn on Friday 5th of February 2016.
Picture at right: Helmut Rückriegel at the FIUV General Assembly, in Rome, in 2013
- Lenten Recollection - Jan 26/16
On Saturday February 13th, Saturday after Ash Wednesday, the Vancouver Traditional Mass Society will hold a Lenten day of recollection preached by Fr Pablo Santa Maria at Westminster Abbey in Mission. There will be Sung Mass, adoration of the Blessed Sacrament with Benediction and confessions. See the event page for more information or to register. There is no charge to attend, but we do ask that you register so that we know how many people to expect.
Directions to Westminster Abbey
- Weekly Traditional Mass in Sudbury, Ontario - Jan 26/16
- Thanks to the very hard work of our chapters in Sudbury and Northbay and to the efforts of the Pontifical Commission Ecclesia Dei there is now a weekly Traditional Mass in the Diocese of Sault Sainte Marie, Ontario. The Mass will be offered by Father Vincenzo Fiore who has been appointed pastor of Mater Dei Latin Mass Community in Sudbury, Ontario.
Mater Dei (Mother of God) is a brand new community that offers a weekly option of attending the Sacrifice of the Holy Mass in the Traditional Latin (Tridentine) Rite. All Masses will be offered at St. Casimir’s Church, 210 Paris Street, Sudbury, Ontario (entrance off Van Horne Street & up Solidarity Lane).
Their website can be viewed at http://www.materdeiparish.ca/
- Latin Mass Society of Winnipeg latest Una Voce Canada member - Sept 29/15
The Latin Mass Society has become a member of Una Voce Canada. Please visit their web site for more information.
- Vancouver Traditional Mass Society Annual General Meeting on Saturday, Nov 14/15 - Sept 8/15
The Vancouver Tradtional Latin Mass Society will hold its annual general meeting at 12:00 noon on Saturday, November 14th, at
Vancouver Alpen Club
4875 Victoria Drive (one block from Holy Family Church)
Light lunch will be provided.
To download a membership application/renewal form, please click here.
The AGM wil follow the Pontifical High Mass in the Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite mass offered for the persecuted Christians.
Our guest speaker will be His Excellency Most Rev. Athanasius Schneider, ORC, Auxiliary Bishop od Maria Santissima, Astana, Kazakhstan.
He will speak on "The Unchangeable Truth about Marriage and Family".
To view or download a copy of the meeting announcement, please click here
- Traditional Latin Mass in Moncton Aug 23, 2015
Archbishop Vieneau has approved a Traditional Latin mass at Notre Dame de Lorette parish in Moncton, NB
The mass time will be 11:00 AM
Notre Dame de Lorette Parish
1542 rue Champlain
Dieppe, NB, E1A 1R5
Celebrant will be Fr. Ryan
Note: this approval was for a one-time event only
- London EF Mass moving to St. Thomas as of August 2nd 2015 - July19/15
Effective August 2/15 the EF mass will be no longer in London. We are moving it to Holy Angels parish in St. Thomas 20 km south of London.
The new mass time will be 1:30 PM
Holy Angels Parish
502 Talbot Street
St. Thomas, ON N5P 1C2
- The Roman Forum - The Lake Garda Statement - Jul 12/15
- Interview with Bishop Athanasius Schneider - May 10/15
"We are living in an un-Christian society, in a new paganism. The temptation today for the clergy is to adapt to the new world, to the new paganism, to be collaborationists. We are in a similar situation to the first centuries, when the majority of the society was pagan, and Christianity was discriminated against."
Read the full interview here.
- New Latin Masses in the diocese of Peterborough - Apr. 9/15
- Peterborough Diocese gets Latin Mass every Sunday
Two parish priests are offering the Extraordinary Form of the Mass at 12:30 PM.
On the first and last Sunday of every month the mass is said at Our Lady of the Assumption Parish in Otonabee, Ontario, just outside of Peterborough and on every other Sunday, at the same time at the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary parish in Campbellford, Ontario
- Keith Phillips' Book is now available as a PDF e-book - Feb 26/15
- Truth Is What We Are Seeking
Keith Phillips' book "Truth Is What We Are Seeking" is now available for reading and/or downloading as an e-book in PDF format from the Project Gutenberg Self-Publishing press.
Keith is a member of the VTMS and has also written a small booklet for Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament called "Praises, Prayers and Petitions", available at the following link or can be ordered through any book store.-"Praises, Prayers and Petitions"
New Latin Mass in the Diocese of St. Paul - Jan 19/15
- Sunday Mass in St. Vincent, AB
As of January 1, 2015 Fr. David Bernard will be celebrating the EF mass in the re-opened church at St. Vincent, just 20 minutes north of St. Paul, 1:45 hours from Lloydminster and 30 minutes from Bonnyville. Diocesan Announcement
The Roman Forum - Twenty-Third Gardone Riviera Summer Symposium - Nov 5/14
- Gardone Riviera: Lake Garda, Italy - June 29th.- July 10th. 2015 (11 nights)
- Dr. Malloy's talk at the VTMS AGM on Sunday, Oct 5/14 - Oct 14/14
- Vancouver Traditional Mass Society Annual General Meeting on Sunday, Oct 5/14 - Sept 31/14
Dear Friends of the VTMS:
The Vancouver Traditional Mass Society will hold its annual general meeting on
Sunday, October 5, at
Holy Family Parish Hall,
4851 Beatrice Street,
following the High Mass, which begins at 10:30 a.m.
Our guest speaker will be Dr. Christopher J. Malloy, Associate Professor of Theology at the Constantine College of Liberal Arts at the University of Dallas in Irving, Texas. The topic will be "Mary Co-Redemptrix".
To view or download a copy of the meeting announcement, please click here.
To download a membership application/renewal form, please click here.